Organizing Challenge Week #2 - Office

This was an easy week for me since I had already done a lot of work on my home office. Our guest room used to be our kids' playroom. They are older so there were just board games and a TV with a Playstation and Wii in the room. When we realized I'd be working from home for a long time, we moved the TV and game consoles to our unfinished basement. I moved my desk upstairs from our actual office on the first floor since my husband would be working from there. 

Since I was spending a lot of time in that room, I decided to make it cozy and bring in some of my favorite colors. I painted the room a very pale lavender, moved the Ikea green bins to the basement and bought sheets and pillows from Target. Then I purchased a teal, velvet chair from Wayfair, a second monitor and docking kit (my amazing company gave us funds towards setting up our home offices). This room has become my favorite room in the house, especially after I revamped the closet (see other blog post). 

BEFORE



AFTER 








WHAT I DID: 

  • The bed is a trundle bed but I wanted it to look more like a couch. I decided just to use a fitted sheet and set up the pillows so it looked more like a couch or daybed (especially since everyone sees it when I'm on Zoom). It's such a great spot to read now.
  • Moved a shelf that I had in my master closet into the room and put some of my favorite books on it, as well as vases and candles that had been packed in a box because I had no where to put them
  • Hung my sons' artwork over the bed
  • Bought a cart to hold my other laptop and accessories, a pashmina (since I'm always cold in here), lotion and other things I use often. 
  • Hung a Command hook to hold my headphones

FAVORITE PRODUCTS: 

  • Utility Cart from Amazon - I have one of these in my son's room too and he loves it 
  • Gold wreath from Target - it was a Christmas decoration but it matches the room so well that I'm keeping it up year-round
  • Pillows from Target - the large purple ones are so soft
  • I went to Homegoods on my birthday for the first time in 10 months and found the Organize bin and the Hustle painting. 

Comments