Fun Cupcakes

I had pinned these colorful fish cupcakes on Pinterest a few weeks ago and decided to try to replicate. I used food coloring in vanilla icing to get the vibrant colors. Then I used M&Ms for the fins but they were pretty heavy and most of them fell off quickly. And I used candy eyes that I had bought for cake pops a few months earlier. It was a good attempt but not as good as the ones I pinned. Then I wanted to try to make cupcakes that looked like the ocean with fish for my son's pirate party that's coming up. I made the blue frosting and put some goldfish on the cupcakes to keep it simple. I brought both of these cupcakes for my son's last day of daycare (he just started Kindergarten!) and they were a big hit. Still haven't decided what cupcakes I'm doing for the party. 



Comments